Saturday, April 24, 2010

Saturday is always sew day!


Hello
I have spent some of my day working on my grandma's flower garden quilt. I am loving hand piecing this one! I started this quilt by using the traditional paper piecing method. Then I went to the dallas quilt show and discovered stamps by Kate. She has all kinds of stamps for traditional quilts including hexagons and diamonds. I am switching to the stamps, much faster and easier in my humble opinion! I have spent some of this afternoon taking out the paper pieces of the blocks I have completed. I guess kind of reverse sewing :-). I have about 13 more I have to put the row of white hexagons around and I have about 7 blocks totally completed. I am hoping to have 25 (if not more) completed by the end of the year.
Any day sewing is a good day for me!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment