Friday, April 23, 2010

Fabulous Friday Obsession


Hello
I love trying out new notions or tools for quilting. I have a new applique needle that I just love. It is strong-really doesn't bend and is very sharp.
It is the Tulip applique needles. These are made in japan. The eye is small on these needles but I have not had a problem threading when using my silk thread.
I also use my clover threader on these and have no problems. These needles really slide through fabric like butter. I am going to start a batik applique quilt in July. I have heard that batiks are difficult to hand applique but I do not think it will be an issue with these needles. Thanks to my quilting sister Karen for letting me know about these. I ordered them from Karen Kay Buckley's website which is
www.karenkaybuckley.com . If you give these a try let me know what you think of them. I hope you have lots of time to sew this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment