Tuesday, August 3, 2010

New quilting software arrived today

Great day with UPS!! I love when the brown truck comes bearing gifts.
I got EQ7 in the mail today. I am installing it on my laptop as i write.
I hade EQ5 but did not use it much... I am going to take a class on the software at a local quilt shop. I am hoping this will get me the basics so I can really use it to design a few quilts. I have a panel that my hubby wants me to design a king size quilt around. THe manual for EQ7 is 272 pages, I am a techie person but i flip through the manual and see blah blah blah. I learn much more efficiently by someone showing me the ropes so to speak. Do any of you have EQ products and if so how much do you use them???

2 comments:

  1. I use my EQ6 when I want to test out one fabric with another. I have learned how to scan fabric I have and incorporate it into a design.

    One thing I did do. I took the paperback manual to an office supply store (Office Max, Office Depot, etc)had they cut the binding off and put a spiral binding on it. A Picture is on my blog, click the EQ6 label and you will see it in last month's posts. No text is lost and it is easier to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the hint about the manual I will go do that!! Does the scanning work well for you? our teacher on the EQ 7 program said it tended to get hung up when she tried to import scans into the program.

    ReplyDelete